Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday, Monday

Even though I didn't have students today, I ended up staying at school all day! I now have 23 students for private lessons...i'm officially overwelmed. Although I am very excited to start this aspect of teaching, I have no idea what I'm doing. Don't worry. I know how to teach piano. I don't know the best way to stay in touch with parents. I don't know the best way to handle monies. I don't know any of the practical logistics! I spent most of the day trying and re-trying different spreadsheets and forms. Not entirely happy with any of it. Then I realized, "Uh, hello Stacy, you haven't figured out what you are teaching this week." My mind cannot focus on one thing and I still haven't pinpointed exactly what to teach. I guess I have one good trait, working well under pressure...I just hope the pressure doesn't wait til 9:30 tomorrow morning when my 5th grade arrives...

No comments:

Post a Comment