Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Today was a good day...

     After 3 weeks of 'break down after students leave' Tuesdays, today was finally a good day. I think 5th grade is finally on board.
     Today was the first day of  "Glee Club". Six 7th grade girls with beautiful voices. Our first song is
"Let It Be" by the Beatles. I am re-arranging the score a bit to accomodate 3 part harmony. So excited! None of the girls have sang 3 part harmony yet but they are very enthusiastic.
     Cute story: One of the glee members has a sister in 4th grade. She told me her sister has been practicing yoga everyday at home in the basement. She even has her brother doing it. Supposedly, this little girl opened a 'yoga studio' in her basement!! HOW AWESOME!
     Another cute story: I decorated my room as previously mentioned. After a few more purchases, my room was debuted today. The students love it! I went with the scary, spooky theme. Cobwebs everywhere, skulls (glitter, light up, big and small), tombstones, a body outline with a syringe and a brain next to it, black roses, and a heart organ...hahaha. It was so funny. The kindergarten didn't know what to think, poking and prodding everything, the middle grades thought it was cool, the older grades were enthralled. Student, "Miss Courchaine! You really love holidays!" Me, "I did all of this for you! Because I thought you might like it."
     You know, a lot of my students have been asking me a very interesting question, "Why did you give up your dream/performing to be a teacher HERE??" It's hard to explain to them how life works. How we are given many paths to choose. How our path is unique to each of us. It's hard to explain life to those who are just starting to live. I want to be clear. I did not in any way give up on my dream. I think I've accomplished quite a bit. I've recorded a CD of original music, performed in Chicago, have taught music to multiple ages, and hopefully inspired a few people along the way.
     I know I created this, but I know I did not accomplish it alone. I've always had the support of my family. Always. I love my family dearly. Each person is so unique and inspiring. I'm also blessed to have the best guardian angel a girl could ask for. Love you bro. 10/16/03

No comments:

Post a Comment